Skip to main content

best films by directors under 30

21.Director:Richard Kelly
Film: Donnie Darko (2001)
Age : 26
since then : Southland Tales (2007), The Box (2009)

20.Director:Amy Heckerling
Film: Fast Times at Ridgemont High (1982)
Age : 28
since then : Johnny Dangerously (1984),Look Who's Talking(1989),Clueless (1995),

19.Director:Rainer Werner Fassbinder
Film: Handler der vier Jahreszeiten ( The Merchant of Four Seasons) - 1972
Age : 27
since then : Angst essen Seele auf(1974),Effi Briest (1974),Mutter Küsters' Fahrt zum Himmel(1975)Despair(1978),Lola (1981)

18.Director:Baz Luhrmann
Film: Stricly Ballroom (1992)
Age : 29
since then : Romeo+Juliet (1996), Moulin Rouge (2001), Australia (2008)

17.Director:Spike Jonze
Film: Being John Malkovich (1999)
Age : 29
since then : Adaptation (2002), Where the Wild Things Are (2009)

16.Director:Alejandro Amenabar
Film: Abre los Ojos (Open Your Eyes) -1997
Age : 25
since then : The others (2001), Mar Adentro (2004), Agora (2009)

15.Director:David Gordon Green
Film: George Washington
Age : 24
since then : All the Real Girls (2003), Snow Angels (2007), Pineapple Express(2008)

14.Director:Stanley Kubrick
Film: Paths of Glory(1957)
Age : 29
since then : Spartacus (1960), Dr. Strangelove(1964),2001: A Space Odyssey (1968),A Clockwork Orange(1971),Full Metal Jacket(1987)

13.Director:Steve Soderbergh
Film: sex, lies and videotape(1989)
Age : 26
since then :Out of Sight (1998), Traffic (2000), Ocean's Eleven (2001), Che (2008)

12.Director:Spike Lee
Film: She's Gotta Have It(1986)
Age : 29
since then :Do The Right Thing (1989), Malcolm X (1992), 25th Hour (2002),When the Levees Broke (2006)

11.Director:Kevin Smith
Film: Clerks (1994)
Age : 24
since then :Dogma (1999), Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back (2001), Clerks II(2006)

10. Director: Byran Singer
Film: The Usual Suspects (1995)
Age :29
since then: X-men (2000), Superman Returns (2006), Valkyrie (2008)

9.
Director: Paul Thomas Anderson
Film: Boogie Nights (1997) or Magnolia (1999)
Age : 27 or 29
since then: Punch -Drunk Love (2002), There Will Be Blood(2007)

8.Director: Quentin Tarantino
Film: Reservoir Dogs (1992)
Age : 29
since then: Pulp Fiction (1994), Kill Bill (2003), Kill Bill Vol. 2 (2004), Inglourious Basterds(2009)

7..Director: George Lucas
Film: American Graffiti (1973)
Age : 29
since then: Star Wars IV(1977), Star Wars Episode I (1999),Star Wars Episode II(2002),Star Wars Episode III (2005)

6.Director: Christopher Nolan
Film:Memento (2000)
Age : 29
since then: Insomnia (2002), Batman Begins (2005), The Dark Knight (2008)


5.Director:John Singleton
Film: Boyz N the Hood (1991)
Age : 23
since then : Poetic Justice (1993), Higher Learning (1995), Baby Boy (2001), 2fast 2Furious (2003)

4.Director: Jean-Luc Godard
Film:A bout de souffle (Breathless) -1960
Age : 29
since then: Les Carabiniers(1963),Tout va bien(1972),Sauve qui peut (la vie))1980),Éloge de l'amour(2001), Notre Musique(2004)

3.Director: Steven Spielberg
Film: Jaws (1975)
Age : 29
since then: Close Encounters of the Third Kind (1977),E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial(1982),Schindler's List (1993),Saving Private Ryan(1998), Munich(2005)


2.Director: Francois Truffaut
Film: Les Quatre Cents Coups (The 400 Blows) - 1959
Age : 27
since then:Jules et Jim(1962), Baisers voles(1968),La Nuit americaine(1974),Le Dernier Metro(1980)

1.Director: Orson Welles
Film:Citizen Kane (1941)
Age : 27
since then: The Magnificent Ambersons (1942), Macbeth (1948), Touch of Evil (1958)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Best Films of the Decade - 2010s - Third Part

11. Get Out (2017)-  Directed and written by  Jordan Peele. Horror seems to be an excellent medium to describe racism and it's somewhat amazing how obvious it seems in hindsight. One of the best debuts of a director in recent times, with a script that amps up the tension marvelously and serves up a twist in the tale that was impossible to see coming. Normally horror movies are seen as niche, but this film was popular with the wide audience and also at the award ceremonies further proving everyone was able to be captured by the film's quality. There has been talk of the film fitting into horror-comedy, probably due to Peele's comedy background, but while it is never laughably funny but does serve as a clever satire on the state of racial affairs. 12. The Death of Stalin (2017) - Directed by  Armando Iannuci.  Written by  Armando Iannuci, David Schneider and Ian Martin. Few topics are as ripe for satire as the workings of communist governments (provi...

Oscar Predictions-Film Awards (i)

Best Director Most likely winner :     Steven Spielberg   for Lincoln. Leaving out Ben Affleck, Kathryn Bigelow and Quentin Tarantino pretty much made this Spielberg's to lose. And doesn't reflect too well on the Academy either. Backup Pick :    David O. Russell for  Silver Linings Playbook. The production company of Weinstein have been campaigning hard for this and it's a good film with the acting performances set up well. The thing about best director is it's the easiest award to give to someone the academy likes because it's ambiguous and the academy doesn't really love Russell. Most deserving :      Michel Haneke for  Amour. Haneke has the most carefully crafted film here. All in all it is definitely his film in every scene. His presence is all around the film and it is an excellent film. If they give it for the greatest impact a director has on the film, this is it. Best Adapted Screenplay Most li...

Things I always Tell myself I will do After Exams End

I'm in the middle of exams and as always when I'm closer to the end than the start (one more week to go. finally) I always start thinking of what I'll do when exams are done. Like if there'll be this big change or new era that dawns when I have so much time free that I spend studying before exams. Usually never happens but I figured I'd list them. Maybe if they're visible and not mental I might stick to it more. 1. Sleep at a reasonable hour and for more than four hours a day 2. Eat proper meals at regular times with good nutrition 3. Following from 1&2, go gym regularly with no skipping days. Keep track of workouts. Try to progress. No cheats and slacking off or lazy days. 4. Read more 5. Write more 6. Try to figure out what I want to do, where I want to be in the next 5 years. Where to apply for postgrad research studies. What to apply to study. Do I want to study Creative Writing or Finance? 7. Practice playing guitar until I'm somewhat ...