Skip to main content

potential future oscar winners

The criteria for this is that only actors/actresses with one previous Oscar nomination or less are eligible (no Peter O'Toole). Also only first time future winners, so no one who has won an Oscar previously. The movies used for justification (minimum 2) will not include the Oscar nominated role. Since it's potential future, trying not to include actors who haven't had a good recent performance (no Steve Martin)




15. Viggo Mortensen


justification : The Road; Appaloosa, A History of Violence;



14.Mathieu Amalric


justification : The Diving Bell and the Butterfly; Kings and Queen; Munich; Un Conte de Noel

13. Natalie Portman




justification: V for Vendetta; Brothers; Cold Mountain; garden state

12. Sergi Lopez




justification: dirty pretty things; Pan's labyrinth;Harry, un ami qui vous veut du bien


11. Tony Leung Chiu-Wai



justification: Lust, Caution; In the Mood for Love;Internal Affairs; Chungking Express;2046

10. Gael Garcia Bernal


justification : Amores Perros; Y tu mama tambien; The Motorcyle Diaries;

9. Audrey Tautou



justification: Amelie; Coco avant Chanel; Dirty Pretty Things; A very Long Engagement

8. Paul Giamatti


justification: Sideways; American Splendor;Cold Souls

7. Michael Sheen


justification: The Queen; The Damned United; Frost/Nixon

6. Gary Oldman


justification: Sid and Nancy;Dracula;Prick up your Ears; JFK, The Contender

5. Christian Bale



justification : The machinist;American Psycho; 3:10 to Yuma

4. Alan Rickman



justification: Die Hard; Sense and Sensibility; Michael Collins

3. Christopher Plummer


justification: The Sound of Music; The insider; Syriana;

2. Ken Watanabe


justification: Letters from Iwo Jima; Memoirs of a Geisha; Kizuna; Shizumano Taiyo

1. Gerard Depardieu


justification: Bon Voyage; Quand j'eatis chanteur; green Card;

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Best Films of the Decade - 2010s - Third Part

11. Get Out (2017)-  Directed and written by  Jordan Peele. Horror seems to be an excellent medium to describe racism and it's somewhat amazing how obvious it seems in hindsight. One of the best debuts of a director in recent times, with a script that amps up the tension marvelously and serves up a twist in the tale that was impossible to see coming. Normally horror movies are seen as niche, but this film was popular with the wide audience and also at the award ceremonies further proving everyone was able to be captured by the film's quality. There has been talk of the film fitting into horror-comedy, probably due to Peele's comedy background, but while it is never laughably funny but does serve as a clever satire on the state of racial affairs. 12. The Death of Stalin (2017) - Directed by  Armando Iannuci.  Written by  Armando Iannuci, David Schneider and Ian Martin. Few topics are as ripe for satire as the workings of communist governments (provi...

Oscar Predictions-Film Awards (i)

Best Director Most likely winner :     Steven Spielberg   for Lincoln. Leaving out Ben Affleck, Kathryn Bigelow and Quentin Tarantino pretty much made this Spielberg's to lose. And doesn't reflect too well on the Academy either. Backup Pick :    David O. Russell for  Silver Linings Playbook. The production company of Weinstein have been campaigning hard for this and it's a good film with the acting performances set up well. The thing about best director is it's the easiest award to give to someone the academy likes because it's ambiguous and the academy doesn't really love Russell. Most deserving :      Michel Haneke for  Amour. Haneke has the most carefully crafted film here. All in all it is definitely his film in every scene. His presence is all around the film and it is an excellent film. If they give it for the greatest impact a director has on the film, this is it. Best Adapted Screenplay Most li...

Things I always Tell myself I will do After Exams End

I'm in the middle of exams and as always when I'm closer to the end than the start (one more week to go. finally) I always start thinking of what I'll do when exams are done. Like if there'll be this big change or new era that dawns when I have so much time free that I spend studying before exams. Usually never happens but I figured I'd list them. Maybe if they're visible and not mental I might stick to it more. 1. Sleep at a reasonable hour and for more than four hours a day 2. Eat proper meals at regular times with good nutrition 3. Following from 1&2, go gym regularly with no skipping days. Keep track of workouts. Try to progress. No cheats and slacking off or lazy days. 4. Read more 5. Write more 6. Try to figure out what I want to do, where I want to be in the next 5 years. Where to apply for postgrad research studies. What to apply to study. Do I want to study Creative Writing or Finance? 7. Practice playing guitar until I'm somewhat ...