Skip to main content

best biographical films (post 1990)

in no particular order

35.The Pianist- Roman Polanski -2002
34.Elizabeth-Shekhar Kapur -1998
33.JFK - Oliver STone -1991
32.Chaplin-Richard Attenborough-1992
31.the People vs. Larry Flynt - Milos Forman -1996
30.American Splendor- Shari Springer Berman&Robert Pulcini -2003
29.Che- Steven Soderbergh- 2008
28.Ray - Taylor Hackford -2004
27.The Pursuit of Happyness -Gabriele Muccino-2006
26.Schindler's List - Steven Speilberg -1993
25.What's Love Got to Do with It - Brian Gibson -1993
24.Milk _ Gus Van Sant - 2008
23.Walk the Line - James Mangold - 2005
22.The world's Fastest Indian - Roger Donaldson - 2005
21.The Insider -1999-Micheal Mann
20. Monster - Patty Jenkins - 2003
19. Ali -Micheal Mann- 2001
18. Man on the Moon -Milos Foreman- 1999
17. Shine - Scott Hicks -1996
16. Frida - Julie Taymor - 2002
15.The Aviator - Martin Scorsese - 2004
14.A beautiful Mind - Ron Howard -2001
13.Malcolm X - Spike Lee -1992
12.Before Night Falls-
Julian Schnabel- 2000
11.The queen -Stephen Frears - 2006
10.
Der Untergang (Downfall)- Oliver Hirschbiegel - 2004
9.Braveheart - Mel Gibson - 1995
8.
Le scaphandre et le papillon (The Diving Bell and the Butterfly) - Julian Schnabel-2007
7.Mar Adentro (the Sea Inside) -
Alejandro Cantos -2004
6.
Mangal Pandey: The Rising- Ketan Mehta- 2005
5.Persepolis -
Marjane Satrapi- 2007
4.Vals im Bashir (waltz with Bashir) - Ari Folman -2008
3.In the Name of the Father - Jim Sheridan -1993
2.Cinderella Man - Ron Howard -2005
1.The Straight Story -David Lynch - 1999

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Best Films of the Decade - 2010s - Third Part

11. Get Out (2017)-  Directed and written by  Jordan Peele. Horror seems to be an excellent medium to describe racism and it's somewhat amazing how obvious it seems in hindsight. One of the best debuts of a director in recent times, with a script that amps up the tension marvelously and serves up a twist in the tale that was impossible to see coming. Normally horror movies are seen as niche, but this film was popular with the wide audience and also at the award ceremonies further proving everyone was able to be captured by the film's quality. There has been talk of the film fitting into horror-comedy, probably due to Peele's comedy background, but while it is never laughably funny but does serve as a clever satire on the state of racial affairs. 12. The Death of Stalin (2017) - Directed by  Armando Iannuci.  Written by  Armando Iannuci, David Schneider and Ian Martin. Few topics are as ripe for satire as the workings of communist governments (provi...

Oscar Predictions-Film Awards (i)

Best Director Most likely winner :     Steven Spielberg   for Lincoln. Leaving out Ben Affleck, Kathryn Bigelow and Quentin Tarantino pretty much made this Spielberg's to lose. And doesn't reflect too well on the Academy either. Backup Pick :    David O. Russell for  Silver Linings Playbook. The production company of Weinstein have been campaigning hard for this and it's a good film with the acting performances set up well. The thing about best director is it's the easiest award to give to someone the academy likes because it's ambiguous and the academy doesn't really love Russell. Most deserving :      Michel Haneke for  Amour. Haneke has the most carefully crafted film here. All in all it is definitely his film in every scene. His presence is all around the film and it is an excellent film. If they give it for the greatest impact a director has on the film, this is it. Best Adapted Screenplay Most li...

Things I always Tell myself I will do After Exams End

I'm in the middle of exams and as always when I'm closer to the end than the start (one more week to go. finally) I always start thinking of what I'll do when exams are done. Like if there'll be this big change or new era that dawns when I have so much time free that I spend studying before exams. Usually never happens but I figured I'd list them. Maybe if they're visible and not mental I might stick to it more. 1. Sleep at a reasonable hour and for more than four hours a day 2. Eat proper meals at regular times with good nutrition 3. Following from 1&2, go gym regularly with no skipping days. Keep track of workouts. Try to progress. No cheats and slacking off or lazy days. 4. Read more 5. Write more 6. Try to figure out what I want to do, where I want to be in the next 5 years. Where to apply for postgrad research studies. What to apply to study. Do I want to study Creative Writing or Finance? 7. Practice playing guitar until I'm somewhat ...