Translate

Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Initial London Dialogue

I've had a conversation recently that went something along these lines. It was equally hilarious and annoying.

Person: "Where are you from?"

Me: "Toronto"

Person: "You don't look Canadian. Say 'about'. " (Pronounced as "aboot")

Me: "About"

Person: "You don't sound Canadian either."

Me: "Yeah, well, it isn't always like you see on TV. Plus I grew up in the Caribbean."

Person: " Oh, you don't look Caribbean either."

Me: "No one looks Caribbean. Mixed up place, the West Indies."

Person; " I guess you could be Brazilian. That's close to Caribbean, right?"

Me: " Kinda? Not really. I'm of Indian descent."

Person: "So why are you in the Caribbean?"

Me: " Colonialism. Everyone's everywhere."

Person: "You've reached England from the colonies."

Me:" I guess that could said."

No comments:

Post a Comment