Skip to main content

a list about romance movies that are actually watchable. (post 1990)

(not all of these follow the conventional romance format).

32.Shakespeare in Love - 1998 - John Madden

iconic couple : Joseph Fiennes & Gwyneth Paltrow

31. Hors de Prix (priceless) - 2006 - Pierre Salvadori

iconic couple:
Audrey Tautou & Gad Elmaleh

30.True Romance -1993 - Quentin Tarantino

iconic couple: Christian Slater & Patricia Arquette


29. Knocked up -2007 - Judd Apatow

iconic couple : Seth Rogen & Katherine Heigel

28.Quand j'étais chanteur (when i was a singer) - 2006- Xavier Giannoli

iconic couple: Gerard Depardieu & Cecile de France

27. (500) Days of Summer - 2009 - Mark Webb

iconic couple: Joseph Gordon-Levitt& Zooey Deschanel

26.The Wedding Singer - 1998 - Tim Herlihy

iconic couple - Adam Sandler & Drew Barrymore

25.Punch-Drunk Love - 2002 - Paul Thomas Anderson

iconic couple : Adam Sandler and Emily Watson

24.Vicky Cristina Barcelona - 2008 - Woody Allen

iconic couple: Javier Bardem & Penelope Cruz/Scarlett Johanssen/Rebecca Hall

23.Atonement - 2007 - Joe Wright

iconic couple :
Keira Knightley&James McAvoy

22.Chocolat - 2000 - Lasse Hallstrom

iconic couple : Johnny Depp & Juliette Bincohe

21.Il Postino - 1994- Micheal Radford

iconic couple - Massimo Troisi&Maria Grazia Cucinotta

20.Jerry Maguire - 1997 - Cameron Crowe

iconic couple: Tom Cruise & Renee Zellweger


19. Pane e Tulipani (Bread and Tulips) - 2000 - Silvio Soldini

iconic couple -Licia Maglietta & Bruno Ganz


18.Bridget Jones's Diary - 2001 - Sharon Maguire

iconic couple: Renee Zellweger & Hugh Grant/Colin Firth



17. Cyrano de Bergerac - 1990-Jean-Paul Rappeneau

iconic couple:
Gérard Depardieu&Anne Brochet


16.Slumdog Millionaire - 2008 - Danny Boyle

iconic couple : Dev Patel & Freida Pinto

15. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind - 2004 - Michel Gondry

iconic couple : Jim Carrey & Kate Winslet


14. Groundhog Day -1993 - Harold Ramis

iconic couple- Bill Murray & Andie Macdowell



13.Låt den rätte komma in ( let the right one in) - 2008 - Tomas Alfredson

iconic couple:
Kare Hedebrant & Lina Leandersson


12. Garden State - 2004 - Zach Braff

iconic couple: Zach Braff & Natalie Portman



11. Pride and Prejudice - 2005 - Joe Wright

Iconic couple - Matthew Macfadyen and Kiera Knightly

10.
Un long dimanche de fiançailles (A Very Long Engagement) - 2004 -Jean-Pierre Jeunet

iconic couple:Audrey Tautou&Gaspard Ulliel

9. Love Actually - 2003 - Richard Curtis

iconic couple : several



8. Le Fabuleux Destin d'Amelie Poulain (Amelie)- 2001- Jean-Pierre Jeunet

iconic couple:Audrey Tautou & Mathieu Kassovitz


7.
Wall-e -2008- Andrew Stanton

iconic couple : Wall-e & Eve


6. Pretty Woman - 1990 - Gary Marshall

iconic couple: Richard Gere & Julia Roberts


5.
Paris je T'aime (Paris ,I love you) 2006 - Various

iconic couple : several

4.
Four Weddings and a Funeral - 1994 - Mike Newell

iconic couple : Hugh Grant & Andie MacDowell

3.
Once - 2007 - John Carney

iconic couple:
Glen Hansard&Markéta Irglová

2.
Before Sunrise - 1995 - Richard Linklater

iconic couple : Ethan Hawke & Julie Delpy


1.Before Sunset - 2004- Richard Linklater

iconic couple : Ethan Hawke & Julie Delpy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Best Films of the Decade - 2010s - Third Part

11. Get Out (2017)-  Directed and written by  Jordan Peele. Horror seems to be an excellent medium to describe racism and it's somewhat amazing how obvious it seems in hindsight. One of the best debuts of a director in recent times, with a script that amps up the tension marvelously and serves up a twist in the tale that was impossible to see coming. Normally horror movies are seen as niche, but this film was popular with the wide audience and also at the award ceremonies further proving everyone was able to be captured by the film's quality. There has been talk of the film fitting into horror-comedy, probably due to Peele's comedy background, but while it is never laughably funny but does serve as a clever satire on the state of racial affairs. 12. The Death of Stalin (2017) - Directed by  Armando Iannuci.  Written by  Armando Iannuci, David Schneider and Ian Martin. Few topics are as ripe for satire as the workings of communist governments (provi...

Oscar Predictions-Film Awards (i)

Best Director Most likely winner :     Steven Spielberg   for Lincoln. Leaving out Ben Affleck, Kathryn Bigelow and Quentin Tarantino pretty much made this Spielberg's to lose. And doesn't reflect too well on the Academy either. Backup Pick :    David O. Russell for  Silver Linings Playbook. The production company of Weinstein have been campaigning hard for this and it's a good film with the acting performances set up well. The thing about best director is it's the easiest award to give to someone the academy likes because it's ambiguous and the academy doesn't really love Russell. Most deserving :      Michel Haneke for  Amour. Haneke has the most carefully crafted film here. All in all it is definitely his film in every scene. His presence is all around the film and it is an excellent film. If they give it for the greatest impact a director has on the film, this is it. Best Adapted Screenplay Most li...

Things I always Tell myself I will do After Exams End

I'm in the middle of exams and as always when I'm closer to the end than the start (one more week to go. finally) I always start thinking of what I'll do when exams are done. Like if there'll be this big change or new era that dawns when I have so much time free that I spend studying before exams. Usually never happens but I figured I'd list them. Maybe if they're visible and not mental I might stick to it more. 1. Sleep at a reasonable hour and for more than four hours a day 2. Eat proper meals at regular times with good nutrition 3. Following from 1&2, go gym regularly with no skipping days. Keep track of workouts. Try to progress. No cheats and slacking off or lazy days. 4. Read more 5. Write more 6. Try to figure out what I want to do, where I want to be in the next 5 years. Where to apply for postgrad research studies. What to apply to study. Do I want to study Creative Writing or Finance? 7. Practice playing guitar until I'm somewhat ...